Features to look for in a home security camera in Long Island
When it comes to your home’s security, it nice to get a complete look of your property This is a principal reason why security cameras are some of the best devices to think about as you figure out your home security system. Despite the fact that independent cameras are of use when configured correctly, they’re even more helpful when incorporated into your residence’s complete system.
Have you often wondered what to look for in a home security camera in Long Island? You’ll be happy to find these vital devices come with more features than previous iterations. You can view real-time streams from interior cameras or catch the attention of intruders with integrated deterrent mechanisms from exterior cameras. And you can direct your security cameras easily in the same smart app.
Powerful features enhance home security cameras in Long Island
Multifaceted and easy-to-manage security cameras will elevate your home’s defense to a whole new level. These crucial aspects of your home security system can be found with an impressive array of features such as bi-directional communications, night vision, and customizable zones. Take a look at the available options below.
- Effective deterrents: Install a surveillance camera that will take immediate action. If unusual behavior is detected by the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro, a vivid circle of red light will form around the lens and a powerful warning will sound.
- Night vision: Impressive IR night vision capability offers clear-cut footage of your environs no matter the time of day. Your cameras will also sustain their crisp imaging as you zoom in on particular areas.
- Cloud storage: Check for devices with cloud storage functionality and the ability to access footage right from your cell phone app.
- Security app: Today’s home security cameras in Long Island are typically paired to a convenient mobile device app. You are able to watch live footage or recorded segments and even arm or disengage your alarms. The Vivint App will send a notification to your mobile device whenever a triggered event occurs.
- Motion sensors: Incorporated motion detection means your cameras will engage whenever unusual action takes place. You’ll also receive a message on your mobile device.
- Converse with anyone at your door or members of your family: Would you welcome the chance to contact your kids after school? Is there a visitor at your doorstep? Modern surveillance systems, such as the Vivint Doorbell Camera Pro, offer convenient 2-way communications so you may converse with the people within range of your camera.
- Greater viewing angles: As a general rule, your outdoor surveillance should offer an angle of 120° or higher. For instance, the Vivint Outdoor Camera Pro provides a viewing angle of 140°.
- Customizable zones: This benefit allows you to designate the precise area you would like your camera to supervise. This can be important to better define the activity you record as you wouldn’t want notifications whenever a car travels by on the road.
Design your own home security system
You now know what to look for in a home security camera in Long Island. The next step is to get started on your custom Vivint smart home. Dial (631) 502-4004 to begin or fill out the following form to engage our home protection and automation experts.