Connect With Your Round-the-clock Monitoring Agents
The moment your home alarm system in Long Island goes off, your 24/7 monitoring experts will instantly act. Their first move is to confirm your alarm, and that involves reaching out to you. The guideline they abide by is dependent on the type of emergency. For example, if the emergency is due to a medical situation, one effort will be made to get in touch with you before first responders are dispatched. If you’re dealing with a break-in - the most typical type of alarm - a monitoring agent will abide by these steps to get in touch with you:
- An effort will be made to reach you through the command hub. You will usually be requested to provide a passcode.
- If that doesn’t get a response, a call is attempted to your primary contact number.
- A secondary number or your primary contact person is tried next.
- If you still can’t be reached, area police officers are sent.
- Your monitoring agents will attempt to reach you again once the proper authorities are alerted.
If you're not in a situation where you can communicate with monitoring agents, don't worry. Help will still be dispatched even when you're unable to verify the emergency.
Be prepared for any crisis with a Vivint home alarm system in Long Island
Stay ready for any situation with a modern home alarm system in Long Island from Vivint. Contact (631) 502-4004 to begin designing your property’s protection today.