Getting started with the Vivint Smart Hub in your Long Island smart home
At the center of your home security, the Vivint Smart Hub connects your locks, security sensors, cameras, and thermostats into one unified system. This intuitive, 7-inch color interface places you in full charge of your Long Island home’s security and automation. See how it can benefit you and check out suggestions to get started.
What can the Vivint Smart Hub in Long Island do for you?
Wirelessly connecting to sensors and other implements through radio frequencies and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the control system for your residence. You can disarm or arm your system, operate lights, change thermostat settings, and more. If adding a doorbell camera, you may even talk to someone on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub has built-in cellular connectivity and a battery backup to ensure reliable performance. It also gives you total remote access and control through the Vivint cell phone app.
Here’s a sample of the things you can do:
- Check real-time or recorded video from your integrated cameras
- Arm and disarm your home’s security
- Switch lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Adjust your home comfort settings
- Speak directly to monitoring professionals
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in Long Island by setting schedules or initiating rules. For instance, you can have your smart thermostat automatically adjust nightly at a specified time. Or, you can incorporate rules like having your front door unlock if the fire alarm goes off.
Quick guide to arming and disarming your home’s security
Before you get into all the fantastic things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll need to understand how to arm and disarm your security. It’s straightforward - just abide by these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the home screen and slide to the right for “Away” and left for “Stay.”
- Stay signifies you will still be present in the home and arms everything besides interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away signifies you will be gone, and each sensor in your home will arm.
- To disarm, all you need to do is slide the shield icon down and input your PIN.
The Smart Hub will display a notification if the system isn’t ready to arm. For example, an open door will prompt you to act. Keep in mind that you may still arm the system by using the above steps. You will then need to verify you want to ignore the sensor in question.
Add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Long Island
Even though various users can be programmed during the initial installation, you may want to add another user down the road. Here’s how it’s done.
- Tap the menu icon (three dots) on the bottom right-hand side of the home screen.
- Tap “Users” and type in your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” at the bottom.
- Press “Name,” provide the the name you want to use, and hit the Next button.
- If you would like to supply the user remote functionality, choose email or phone and provide the details to send an invitation.
- Choose Next and then enter a PIN for the added user.
- To remove a user, proceed to the menu, press users, choose the user you want to get rid of, and then select “Delete User.”
Secure and automate your home with Vivint
Are you ready to take control of your home’s automation and security through an easy-to-use touchscreen dashboard? You’ll enjoy the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Long Island smart home. Call (631) 502-4004 to learn more.