Daily shipments have become routine for countless homeowners thanks to the shift to online shopping. You enjoy the convenience of having goods dropped at your main entry, but there is a disadvantage. Those packages sitting in plain sight are temptations to potential crooks. Porch piracy has become a significant issue, but you are able to protect yourself from it by getting a doorbell camera with your home security system. These surveillance instruments are great tools to deter opportunistic thieves, but they provide significantly more.
Take a second to learn more about how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll be a crucial aspect of your smart home.
Advantages of a Long Island video doorbell
Found in both wired and wireless options, video doorbells give you a range of sophisticated features, and the technology continues to advance. You can now customize detection zones, communicate with whoever’s in front of your door, and obtain instant alerts whenever an item is dropped off.
The best way to find out how a Long Island video doorbell camera works is to look at the various perks it gives you. Think about these features:
- Active deterrents: You aren’t able to get this on each model, but there are a couple of smart video doorbells that take action in dissuading crime with visual and audible warnings. This is a fantastic way to let thieves know somebody is watching.
- Wide angle camera view: You deserve to see the total picture, and that includes the faces of individuals on your porch and packages on the walkway below. Video doorbells with ultra-wide 180-degree field of vision provide a comprehensive perspective.
- High-resolution images any time of day: If you don’t have good picture quality, what’s the use of installing a doorbell camera? Leading models will give you exceptional high dynamic range (HDR) resolution and night vision.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you like to be informed when a package is delivered? You are able to enjoy automatic notifications from video doorbells that are able to differentiate between visitors and boxes.
- Converse with the visitor at your door: Is a person standing at your main entry? Reciprocal audio gives you the chance to inquire about what they want. You could even take advantage of this beneficial feature to frighten off people loitering around your porch.
- Avoid false alarms: Advanced doorbell cameras will even allow you to configure your own detection zones. Clearly defining the viewing area will let you reduce false alarms caused by walkers, cars, or animals.
- Convenient video access: A video doorbell integrated into your smart home provides you the chance to see live and saved video straight from your smartphone security app.
Video doorbells keep you connected like you’ve never been before, as you are able to interact with them directly from your mobile device, no matter your location. They’ll notify you when someone arrives, give you a sightline into what’s going on, and even allow you to speak with the individual at your door. They’ve become difference-makers in terms of safety and convenience.